Adoption Application Prenotes:
Pitbulls are very loving animals that require an enormous amount of love, time and energy. They are very hard to re-home when they reach adulthood.
Only One in Six-Hundred are Adopted. Which Leaves Five Hundred Ninety-Nine that are Euthanized!
I love each and every one of my foster dogs like my own. They live in my home and become part of my family. When they leave, I expect them to become a part of your family and not be returned a year later an unsocialized, untrained, unadoptable dog. I ask that you think about this carefully before making a decision. If, after adopting, you find this dog is not for you, they are to be returned to me early enough where no damage is done; I understand that things do happen in one’s life and I will always take the dog back into my home. This is a lifelong commitment. I have worked very hard making them true ambassadors of the breed and expect you to do the same.
Mary Sullivan, President, Pitties & Purrs Rescue, Inc.
(Please read before completing the application)
- You must be at least 21 years old to adopt from us.
- You must own your home. We do not accept renters or Landlord letters. We also require trailer homeowners to provide a letter from their trailer park authorizing the adoption.
- The owners of the home must complete the application and all adults resident in the home must provide their information.
- Please be aware that some home insurers WILL NOT cover Bully Breeds. It is your responsibility to check with your insurer.
- We do not arrange ‘meet & greets’ or ‘overnights’ until this application has been submitted and approved by our Adoption Coordinator.
- We do not adopt out puppies (<6 months old) to families with children under 3 years of age.
- !!!IMPORTANT!!! Pit Bulls can become dog aggressive when they reach maturity; therefore we only adopt dogs into homes with either no other dogs, or with ONE other dog of the opposite sex.
- We will conduct background checks including; criminal, property & vet checks along with a home visit. No exceptions!
- It is a requirement of our adoption contract that all puppies < 1 year old, or any dog we identify should attend a basic obedience class (Petco/Petsmart training is not acceptable). We require a refundable $100 training deposit with proof of training submitted to us within 6 months of adoption.
- Our non-negotiable adoption fee covers; spaying/neutering, age-appropriate vaccinations, micro-chipping, preventative medications and any medical needs before adoption. We DO NOT make any money on the fee; in fact, the adoption fee never covers our expenses. We do this for the dogs, not for the money!
Thank you for considering a Pit Bull!
Please fill out the Adoption Application below:
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Pre-Adoption Application Form.
You will be contacted shortly to acknowledge the receipt of your application and to discuss further steps in the adoption process. Please be aware that we are all volunteers and work full-time, but will endeavor to respond to you as soon as possible. Once your Pre-Adoption Application has been approved you will be contacted to arrange a home visit. The home visit will assess the safety and suitability of the environment for the pet. The home visit is also the opportunity to see if the pet will be a good fit for your family and any existing pets.
Please be aware that Pitties and Purrs Rescue Inc. reserve the right to deny an application at any stage of the process without explanation.
Please scan your completed application to our Adoption Co-coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.